Monday, December 1, 2008

Running Away

So yesterday, B and I are downstairs in the basement. The kids are playing upstairs. And we are hearing an odd conversation...

J: "Fine then, I'm leaving! I left a note for mom and dad."
M: "OK"
N: "Bye Jake. I'll miss you!"

Then the door opens and Myann and Nick continue playing. I sent B up to investigate. I hear him yelling outside, "J! Come back here! You're not old enough to run away! You have to wait until you're 18. Get in this house now!" Then he comes downstairs laughing with this note in his hands.

Translation..."Dear Mom and Dad, I am leaving. Love, J"




I asked J later on why he wanted to leave. He said it was because M and N were not playing nicely and he was tired of it!


BTW, this is not the first time J has attempted to run away. We have used other tactics to get him to come home. For example, "You're not allowed to walk in the road without a grownup and I don't feel like going with you right now."
It's been fun. B and I get a giggle out of it every time he tries. I'm keeping this note for him when he gets older. These are the moments I love being a mom.

No comments: